We are Youmanage HR Limited (company number SC390357), a company incorporated and registered in Scotland. Our registered office is The Beacon, 176 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5SG and trading address is Forrester Lodge, Inglewood, Alloa, FK10 2HU, Scotland, United Kingdom.
Youmanage is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This policy and any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read them carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how your personal information will be treated. By visiting our website at www.youmanage.co.uk we will assume that you understand the practices described in this policy.
We are also a data processor when processing personal information on behalf of our clients. When acting as a data processor we process personal information in accordance with our Subscription Agreement.
The kind of information we hold about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our website, subscribe to our services, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our website or any of our services.
The information comprises :
- name and job title
- contact information including telephone number and email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Where you provide us with any personal data which relates to someone other than yourself, you must ensure that those other individuals have been informed of such use, processing, and transfer.
Information we collect about you:
With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and the location of your Internet service provider; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page; and any phone number used to call our customer service number or e-mail address used to contact our helpdesk.
How we will use information about you
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to enter into a contract with you or perform the contract we have entered into with you.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we have your consent to provide you with marketing information.
Situations in which we will use your personal information
We need all the categories of information listed above (see The kind of information we hold about you [See Here) primarily to allow us to enter into or perform our contract with you (Legal Condition 1) and to enable us to comply with legal obligations (Legal Condition 2).
In some cases we may use your personal information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties (Legal Condition 3), provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. We may also use your personal information where you have consented (Legal Condition 4).
The situations in which we will process your personal information are listed below. We have indicated below the purpose or purposes for which we are processing or will process your personal information, as well as indicating which categories of data are involved.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
What we do with the information we hold about you
Information you give to us We will use this information:
- to provide you with a trial version of our products and services (Legal Condition 1);
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us (Legal Condition 1);
- to provide you with information about products or services we offer provided that we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products or services only if you have consented to this (Legal Condition 4);
- to notify you about changes to our service (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to keep our website updated and relevant and to develop our business); and
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy).
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to run our business and provide administration and IT services, network security and prevent fraud);
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy);
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so (Legal Condition 3) This allows us to run our service);
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to run our business and provide administration and IT services, network security and prevent fraud);
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you (Legal Condition 3) (this allows us to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy); and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about products or services that may interest you or them (Legal Condition 3) (this enables us to develop our products/services and grow our business).
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as providing our services), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers. We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We will not transfer your personal information outside the the United Kingdom or the European Economic Area.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties? We will share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so. Which third-party service providers process my personal information? “Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents). The following third-party service provider processes personal information about you for the following purposes: Pulsant Ltd for data hosting and data storage. How secure is my information with third-party service providers? All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. What about other third parties? We may share your personal information with other third parties, for example in the context of the possible sale or restructuring of the business. We may also need to share your personal information with a law enforcement body, regulator or to otherwise comply with the law.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request. Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Once we have ceased providing you with our services we will retain and securely destroy your personal information no later than three (3) years after the end of our dealings or interactions with you, all in accordance with our data retention policy. Where we hold your personal information for marketing purposes we will retain and securely destroy such personal information when you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive marketing from us.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact [email protected] in writing.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact [email protected] Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
The Information Commissioner’s Office
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about how we handle your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office / the ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. You can call the ICO’s helpline on 0303 123 1113. See also https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
How to contact us
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal information or if you are unhappy in any way with how we handle your personal information, please contact us by writing to Youmanage HR Ltd, Forrester Lodge, Inglewood, Alloa, FK10 2HU, United Kingdom, or by sending an e-mail to [email protected].
Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.